This past weekend I went to Savannah for a conference, so of course, I immediately had to think about--ok, how am I going to get my diet in while I'm there and how am I going to do my cardio? I know nothing about the gyms in Savannah, and as it turns out, there is a reason for it--they hardly have any!!!!!!! But, as I was wandering around one of the malls (don't worry it was in between clinics), I found the GNC (they "have" to know where a gym is!). And sure enough they told me about these 24 hour gyms that are located around town--the closest one being inside the OTHER mall. WEIRD! So I had to go pay $15 to use a treadmill for one day. Oh well. I got my cardio in.
As far as food goes, I prepared my fish and veggies Wednesday before I left, put them in nice little tupperware containers, and then on top of ice in my handy little cooler=) I reserved a hotel room that had a mini kitchen so I could even cook my egg whites and oatmeal!!! And yes, I carried around my 5lb container of protein. Got some funny comments from the hotel clerks about that one!!!! ha! On the way home, I had to get super creative because I wanted to eat my fish (not cold, either), but I was of course in the car all day. Then I remembered--gas stations have microwaves!!!! YES! So, I stopped in po-dunk NOwhere and used their microwave and sat in the car, eating my HOT fish, asparagus and cheese=) YUM!
I even found a place to tan down there that had some AWESOME bulbs!!!! I knew I wouldn't get to go on Sunday, of course, and I don't want to lose what tan I have been able to gain from some awesome lotion=) (and Sunkiss Studios, of course!)
Not to mention, the usual Friday night shenanigans that always occur at GMEA in Savannah simply involved water for me, despite everyone's BEST efforts to convince me to do otherwise=) I exhibited some STRONG will power, as they all so consistently reminded me! And I know they were making fun of me, but that's ok. I told them they wouldn't care when they saw me in April! ha!
So, all that being said, I don't think I can ever really use an excuse for not eating right or working out anymore. There is always a way to figure it out and make it work. I am realizing and have realized ALREADY, that it's all about putting your mind to something and not looking back. So far I have been on a family vacation and now a "work" conference and not cheated once! So, like the subject says, when there's a will, there's a way!!!! Now go figure out how you can apply that to YOUR life. haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment