Sunday, February 21, 2010

101 ways to make a boring a diet EXCITING!

....or just 3 or 4....haha. Before I started training for this competition, the one thing I heard over and over was "The diet is going to be the worst part! You're going to be hungry all the time, you're gonna have to eat broccoli and boring foods, etc"
I can now honestly say that the diet is becoming the easy part. The only time that I get hungry is late at night if I am up past my bedtime....which obviously shouldn't happen. I should be letting my body rest and recover. Don't get me wrong...I still crave things every now and then, and I do get hungry in between my meals. But it's not an aching hunger and as long as I'm drinking enough water, it's manageable!

I was pleasantly surprised when I began this diet when Josh told me to up my carbs and fat. Carbs are amazing!!!! I don't know how he does his diet with the super low #'s of carbs...but I definitely think that is one reason I feel as good as I do. I have some great sources of carbs such as oatmeal (Active Lifestyle brand at Kroger is AWESOME!) and even though rice cakes sound boring, add some almond butter and it's heavenly!!! =) And I still get to eat a protein bar--chocolate flavor, or peanut butter chocolate chip, or smores....also some good carbs (and protein!)

It's also amazing what some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 0-calorie/fat free butter spray (go ahead, Josh....insert comment about "there's no such thing as calorie-free" ;-) ), and Italian seasoning can do for a can of tuna or a piece of fish.....especially with some cheese melted on top. YUM!

There are also some really good salt-free seasonings that are great on top of fish, as well as the egg whites I have in the morning. You can get them anywhere......

And as far as the veggies go, I DID discover how to grill broccoli and asparagus....again, it's amazing what EVOO and seasoning can do. They are VERY yummy when cooked that way, and trust me, if I can grill asparagus and broccoli on top of the stove, so can you!!! (it's really almost like a stir fry)

And as you can see from the link on the right side over there, I have some pretty awesome supplements in my diet. Myofusion protein is seriously amazing stuff. It doesn't even taste like protein.

So, all that being said....I am quite pleased with my diet and want people to know that I'm not starving myself, depriving myself, or feeling sorry for myself=) I'm having fun!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment