Not sure if it’s just me, but the workouts seem to be getting harder and harder……today there were moments when I wanted to cry… I am really realizing that, as Josh has told me before, this sport is very mental. When the sets get really hard I have to start self-talk such as the subject line "No pain, no gain." And I really do picture that perfect physique that he told me to at the very beginning–the perfect physique I see for myself, not anyone else’s. That is my mental motivation when things get hard. I sit there in between sets and tell myself failure is not an option, even though at rep 8 or 9 I really might fail……As long as I know I am really at failure, there’s nothing else I can do….
But, here is another leg workout for you to check out!
Free weight squats
115 lbs 15 reps
135 lbs 15 reps
135 lbs 15 reps
135 lbs 15 reps
135 lbs 15 reps
Hack squat
270 lbs 12 reps (3 sets)
Shoulder Width Leg Press
450 lbs 8 reps (3 sets)
Horizontal Lunges
25 lb DB’s 30 reps (3 sets)
Leg Extensions
50 lbs 15 reps (super slow–stopped after each rep, then went back down)
35 lbs 12 reps
20 lbs 15 reps Holy cow my legs were on fire after all of those
Lying Leg Curl
70 lbs 15 reps
75 lbs 12 reps
80 lbs 10 reps
80 lbs 8 reps
80 lbs 8 reps
Standing Calf Raises (15 second rest periods…enough said!)
160 lbs 15 reps
160 lbs 15 reps
160 lbs 8 reps
140 lbs 8 reps
120 lbs 10 reps
Try it and see how it feels!!!!!!! haha…..I am exhausted!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment