Friday, February 12, 2010

Sample Workout

As I promised, here is an example of one of my workouts. This is the last LEG workout I did. With this 5-day split, it's kinda funny cause by the time my body parts stop being sore from the workout, it's time to work them out again!!! lol

Barbell Straight Leg Deadlift
Set 1: 95 lbs 15 reps
Set 2: 115 lbs 15 reps
Set 3: 135 lbs 15 reps
Set 4: 155 lbs 8 reps
Set 5: 145 lbs 8 reps

Lying Leg Curl
65 lbs 12 reps
70 lbs 6 reps
55 lbs 5 reps (that was a drop set)
65 lbs 6 reps
45 lbs 6 reps (another drop set--my legs were tired!)

Standing Leg Curl
10 lbs 8 reps
repeat
repeat

Glute/Ham Raises
Body Weight 15 reps
repeat
repeat

Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlift

35lbs in each hand 15 reps
repeat
repeat

Horizontal Lunges
35's in each hand 30 reps
30's 30 reps
30's 30 reps

Obviously, this workout focused mostly on hamstrings. The next leg workout will focus mostly on quads/glutes (hopefully calves, too).

6 comments:

  1. that is a great workout! i can see why you would be so sore! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yeah, those deadlifts make my ENTIRE body sore!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, of course after I do them! I cannot believe you only have 2 MONTHS! are you getting nervous in the least bit? YOu will do great, take lots of pics and bring back lots of advice to your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, one more thing Jess showed me, when you are taking these pics that are on your blog, turn off the flash and you will be able to see your cut and muscle tone even more....just an FYI!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I'm not nervous. Just excited. Whatever happens, happens. All I can do is my best, so even if I come in dead last, it will be fun because I reached my goal. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish Josh would get an account on here so he could comment and correct my misunderstandings!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete