Saturday, January 2, 2010

random thoughts

I have decided that when all of this is "over" I will probably stick pretty closely to this diet. I really like everything I am eating. I keep trying out new things, like different fish (make sure you buy wild fish, not farm raised!) and chicken that are making the meals enjoyable (you can add spices to change it up). I also found a really good brand of whey protein (two actually) that taste really good! I had made the mistake of buying the Wal-Mart brand and I wanted to gag every time I drank it-- no lie. But this stuff--Elite and Myofusion--is REALLY good. I can drink them with just water and it tastes fine.

I am pretty sore today from doing legs yesterday--it was my last workout without Josh. I am glad to be back home and will be glad to be back at LA Fitness with him next week. I was grateful for a place to workout in Sarasota, but it just wasn't the same!!! Although, I did really like their Cybex leg press machine!

As I promised, here are some small tips for arms/chest/back. When you're doing bicep curls, make sure your wrists are turned up and are not flat. A lot of people, including me before Josh corrected it, do it with flat wrists and you are actually not getting as much out of them that way.

Also, when you're doing reps, pause before going on to the next rep and squeeze the muscle a little. I have been doing this more consistently with arms, chest and back--it makes a difference! I also did it with calves yesterday and I could totally feel them burning--no matter how hard the reps got I still paused!!! But they are sore today so it must have worked=)

No comments:

Post a Comment