Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More determined than ever.....

My brother told me this summer that one of my weaknesses is that I care too much about appearance and what people think of me. I am beginning to think he was somewhat right because in the last few days, I have found myself letting things that people say about me "get to me." I am having to learn to let things roll off of my shoulder and remember the main thing--this is my goal; I didn't decide to do it because someone told me to or because I woke up one morning and thought, "Hmm. That looks easy. I think I'll give that a try."

I got tired of settling for second best. For wanting to have "that look." For thinking that "that could be me." I took action and I am seeing results and I will continue to see results. And the best part is--it's for ME. No one else. I get a "high" from working out. It makes me feel good when I know I've busted my butt at the gym and knowing that I have enough self-discipline to wake up at the crack of dawn to do cardio, to say no to every cookie and candy bar put in front of me, to go to bed hungry, and soon, to not care what ANYONE else says about it or how crazy they think it is (that will be liberating!)

I appreciate those people who have supported me unconditionally in the last several weeks--people who have listened, offered advice, support, and encouragement. It means so much to me.

Something that tells me that I am doing the right thing, despite how frustrated I have been this week, is that I now am more excited than ever, more driven than I maybe was even at the beginning, and more anxious to see what the future holds for me in this aspect of life.......I refuse to lose my joy and passion!!! Why in the world would I let anyone try to take away the results of what has already been one of the most rewarding decisions I have made in my life thus far???

“Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragement, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak”

“There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, [no person] that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.”

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me really proud of you. I know that determination is so hard when things are difficult. However, I know you have always been a person with mad perseverance skills, which I have always admired. I am glad that this person journey and goal is rewarding you the way it has. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entry makes me so proud. It is so hard to stay the course when things get difficult. Yet, you have always been a person with mad perseverance skills. And certainly I have always admired you for this. You are an inspiration, and seeing you get so much reward from your journey and goal makes me happy. I love you!

    Kristie

    Alright, so you may get two similar entries eventually from me. (My first one did not show up.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Kristie!!!!! I was feeling pretty discouraged on this particular day and on some days I still feel it, but I just re-read these quotes and remember why I began this whole process and I snap out of it!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete