Saturday, January 9, 2010

Posing 101

WOW!!!! Today was interesting to say the least. There's so much to think about, but I am refusing to let myself get overwhelmed, knowing that I still have 14 weeks to practice these poses.

Thankfully, I have lots of experience/practice wearing heels, so the heels are not the hard part. (except for those couple of balance issues, but we fixed that. lol) Victoria was having to tell me things like, "You OWN this stage. You are the "shiz." (haha) Use those hips! Pretend the man of your dreams is out in the audience and you're walking to him! lol"

Not to mention all the things like, "Lats out, shoulders back." I'm like, ok, I KNOW where my lats are, but how do I make them go out? And how do I make my shoulders go back, but not pinch them together like Josh said? And how do you breathe while flexing every single muscle and tucking everything in (abs and butt)? And you have to remember to stand tall, like a string is attached to the top of your head and someone is pulling you up! Heels together, always smiling, don't walk too fast, keep your knees relaxed, don't stick your butt out, the list goes on and on and on!!! AHHH!!!

All that being said, I at least know how to practice now and I know it will get better as my lats (and shoulders, too) become more developed and I get more used to the awkward feelings of the poses (and yes, they are supposed to feel awkward).

Oh yeah.....In my defense, it doesn't help when your hot trainer is watching!!! ;-) But I better get used to it cause there will be a lot more eyes on me in April!!!

Now I just have to practice, practice, practice!

2 comments:

  1. I take it you never did beauty competitions???? Well, I'll be looking for you to keep that tush tucked and body tall while teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. NO, I never did beauty competitions. That whole walking across the stage is the only part of this that I feel TOTALLY out of my element!!! I will be sure to practice at school. lol

    ReplyDelete