Thursday, December 17, 2009

What's the diet like???

It's actually not that bad for me because I'm eating food that I like!!! Plus, ever since the sinus surgery, my taste buds have not been the strongest, so I don't truly crave a whole lot of stuff.

But it includes lots of tuna/chicken/other kinds of fish, egg whites or the fake egg product that's fat/cholesterol free, cheese (mozzarella usually, but it depends), yogurt, protein shakes, salads, veggies like broccoli and spinach and asparagus, almond butter/peanut butter/almonds, oatmeal, rice cakes, etc. And oh yeah, a yummy protein bar!!

It's about 160 grams of protein, 100 carbs, 45 grams of fat and about 1475 calories (the 40/30/30 ratio=) ).

The protein bars I really like are Pure Protein and Nitrotech Hardcore by MuscleTech (PB choc. chip, smores, double chocolate).

I eat 6 times a day. The harder days are the days like yesterday where I have done cardio for several days in a row and worked out for most of those, as well. My body just wants more!!! But I just keep drinking lots of water to trick my body in to being "full." I drink a gallon per day. You should, too, by the way! Water is so good for you!!! It keeps you regular and helps your skin look better, not to mention it flushes all those toxins out of your body=) I also take a multi-vitamin and a pro-biotic every day.

And the biggest difference between the workouts that I was doing on my own and the workouts that Josh has me doing is that we are doing much heavier weights and he is keeping track of the rest time a lot more than I did. They both make a big difference!

Also, just FYI. Starting weight was 130. I'm at 124 or so right now. Competition weight will be......115 or so. Not sure yet. But I have 17 more weeks so I think I have ample time to lose these last few pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment