Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First moments of excitement! (and the first "hard" moment)

Well, there's actually a few. I think the FIRST one was when Josh told me that Lucy was right--I had great genetic structure! Woo-hoo!! Maybe I have missed my calling=) But, I can only thank my dad for that, probably. He has a really good structure=)

Next would be when I stepped on the scale after 3 days of dieting and had lost almost 5 pounds. Man, that was fast. Apparently I was not eating as clean as I thought!!!

3rd greatest moment was when I discovered I COULD do those glute/ham raises that were completely impossible for me the first time Josh showed them to me. I went from doing three "sort-of" to doing three sets of 10! Now, I just get to work towards doing them un-assisted. One thing at a time=)

Some other small great moments:
Josh telling me I could eat real cheese and not fat-free cheese=)
Josh telling me I had good chest striations (I think that's the right spelling!) and calves. Again, only have genetics to thank for both of those.
Being sore after EVERY workout! Means I'm workin' those muscles=)


My first hard moment was today....my energy level was SO LOW!!! I am so freakin' tired. Maybe my body is adjusting to the amount of food I'm eating but wants more because I'm doing more cardio than I was before and, therefore, burning more energy. I pushed through the workout today and really felt fine through it (probably thanks to those carbs I ate right before). But yeah.....long day!

I just keep telling myself it will be worth all of this work. And I am not letting myself rely on Josh or anyone else for my motivation. I have to take ownership. It is my goal, my "dream." There will be plenty of people along the way to help me get there, but I refuse to quit or give any less than 100%. That means no cheating and eating Christmas cookies!!!!!!!!!! =(

I have been given some yummy chocolates and cookies by students for Christmas, so if you want some, let me know!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment