Wednesday, June 16, 2010

BOOOO for being sick

There is quite possibly nothing more frustrating than having health problems when you have a goal like competing.....between my history of seizures, allergies/sinuses, and sprained knee, it seems like it has been one thing after another. But I am determined to compete. So, in 14 and 1/2 weeks, I will hit the stage again. No matter what. I know too many people in the sport who have overcome way more challenging things than this, so I refuse to let any of this steal my joy.

On a different note, something that has made my day TWICE in the last week, is that total strangers have come up to me at the gym asking if I compete, and telling me if not, I should. That is one of the best compliments!!! So, thank you!!!

Also, I went to the most awesome gym EVER when I was in TN last week. Olympus Athletic Club and Spa. I don't think I've ever been surrounded by so much testosterone EVER, but the atmosphere was perfect for me. Most women would probably not find it appealing, but I most certainly did. So, now I have a place to go if I'm up that way. haha

P.S. Any ideas on how I can find sponsors to cover cost of suits for photo shoots????

No comments:

Post a Comment