Monday, May 31, 2010

Like the energizer bunny, you keep me going!!!

Ok, so, I am definitely internally motivated. There is no doubt about that. I don't think anyone could diet for as long as I have and make the time for workouts like I have had to do if they were relying solely on someone else to motivate them.

HOWEVER, it is extremely nice to hear the comments that people make sometimes, especially people who are in the fitness world and know what they are talking about. The most recent one came this morning from a local personal trainer. When I read this, it totally made my day. It also makes me question why I would want to stop any time soon if this is what people observe/think. Thanks for sharing--you know who you are.

"I've seen you in there [the gym] a few times-- your work ethic is strong...I've seen you getting your cardio in alot, and you are extremely focused. Seriously I've seen hundred of females working out hard and none of them your age have the dedication, muscular development or definition that you have, your hard work really shows, the first time I ever saw you, you were on the elliptical and I thought your back was freakin ripped, HATS OFF to you, I'm prior military so I salute you and your hard work."

And notice he mentioned the HARD WORK. I attribute any succcess I have had to hard work and consistency, not a secret regimen or workout program. Any workout combined with good nutrition can be effective if you just stick to it and KEEP AT IT!!!!!

2 comments: