Ok, so we all know vitamins are crucial to our health. SO, as part of my fitness journey, I have made sure they are a regular part of my routine. What most people don't realize about their vitamins is that if they are really compacted and/or not water soluble, they will not dissolve in your body--they will just come right out with your, well....they will end up in the toilet. As a solid pill, looking almost how they did when you put it in your mouth. Well that does no one any good and vitamins can get expensive. So I was curious about the effectiveness of my vitamins and decided to test them by placing each in a cup of water. The ones that dissolved in the water I would know are the most effective and I would continue using them. I am going to tell you the three vitamins, their brands, etc. and I want you to tell me what YOU think happened!!! That's right, students. Hypothesize.
Vitamin #1: Multi-vitamin from Kroger. Pink, not powdery, Normal looking pill
Vitamin #2: Anti-oxidant. Nature Valley Brand. Gel tablet. Dark maroon. (can you picture it?????)
Vitamin #3: Biotin. So my hair and nails and skin will be nice and healthy (and cause I'm trying to grow my hair out). Small little white pill from GNC. Powdery.
Which one do you think dissolved the quickest in the water????? Quick!!!! Vote!!!!
I'll hypothesize that the smallest pill dissolved more quickly since it would contain less sawdust and glue. I wish every vitamin came in a gelcap.
ReplyDeleteexcept that the gelcap contains gelatin...eww
ReplyDeleteoh, and the powdery one probably dissolved first
ReplyDelete