First of all, check out www.juicefreeathletics.com for more pics of the competition!!!
Next, I wanted to share some sample meals from my "new diet." I was so scared to deviate while training for the other competition, that I literally ate the SAME things for 6 weeks straight. And for the sake of convenience since I am on the go ALL the time, there were a lot of protein shakes in the mix. But now, there's much more variety and I feel great because there are more carbs (less protein so the calories are about the same) and for now I'm doing a lot less cardio!
Here's a couple sample days:
Meal 1:
Egg substitute and Active Lifestyle Oatmeal (Almond cranberry flavor, raisin apple walnut flavor OR maple brown sugar pecan flavor)
Meal 2: Protein Bar (Pure Protein or Nitrotech)
Meal 3: Oatmeal and Myofusion Vanilla protein
Meal 4: High fiber cereal with Carbmaster yogurt (Kroger brand)
Meal 5: Chicken and asparagus
Meal 6: Rice cakes and almond butter OR peanut butter
Another day:
Meal 1: Egg substitute and 2 slices of whole grain bread
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Chicken/brown rice/broccoli or salad or green beans
Meal 4: Cottage cheese/yogurt OR just cottage cheese OR just yogurt!
Meal 5: Tuna/asparagus/whole grain bread OR english muffin OR brown rice
Meal 6: Rice cakes/Peanut butter or almond butter
SO, lots of veggies, whole grains and fiber!! And protein, of course! Any of the meats can be substituted with tilapia, cod, mahi mahi, etc. It's a great diet!!
It takes some serious dedication to eat like that consistently. My college roomie and I were bodybuilding one summer and were known for having oats, broccoli, and tuna stacked up on our dressers instead of beer cans and Doritos. It was all admiration though. Nobody messes with you when you're that serious about a goal. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, that is exactly what's in my pantry right now!!!!!!! Lots of chicken, tuna, oats, etc. It's hard, but so worth the results!!!
ReplyDelete