Friday, July 22, 2011

Ready or not...

...........Here it comes!!!

I leave for Macon in about 3 hours to get ready for competition #2. The last week has been spent "peaking" and beautifying!!!

New hair (well, fresh color, I should say), waxing, pedicure, manicure, microdermabrasion, workouts, posing practices, monitoring sodium, drinking "special" water ;) ;), depriving myself of carbs, etc.

No matter what happens, I want to have fun. I do have to admit that I have a lot of mixed emotions heading in to this weekend. I'm less than two weeks past a called-off engagement/break up, it was a year ago this week that we had made our relationship "official", etc. But on the other hand, I'm excited to go meet new people, to see friends who will be there to support me, to just....have the whole experience again!

I guess b/c of all that the last few weeks have held, I am lacking the confidence I had going in to my last show. I know it's crazy because I have drastically improved from the last show. I am 7 pounds lighter! WOW! I have made improvements in my physique since the last show, so I should be proud of that alone. My posing is not anywhere near where it should be, but it's good and it, also, is better than what it was. I have learned from a pro, so I need to be sure of that and that what I learned will show through. I have done all I can do. Dieted. Worked hard in the gym. Practiced posing and walking around in heels. What else can I do? Just go strut my stuff and not let ANYONE or ANYTHING steal my joy.

"The joy of the Lord is my strength..."

Will post pics upon my return....thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment