Sunday, June 26, 2011

The latest

Well, as some of you know, I will be doing my next competition on July 23rd in Macon, GA. Even though I earned my pro card at last years show, this show will be as an amateur because I need more practice on the stage with the posing.I am going to work with WNBF Pro Alli Kerr on the posing this week and I'm very excited about that. She was SO helpful in the preparation last year. I have also been working with Team Klemczewski....who is that, you might ask? A highly qualified team of professionals--Dr. Joe Klemczewski is the leader of the bunch with multiple degrees in nutrition and health. He helps me with the diet aspect of things, and the week of the show he will help me "peak" perfectly. Sean McCauley is the one I don't like. Haha, just kidding. I LOVE Sean's butt kicking workouts. They are anything but boring, they are challenging, get my heart rate up, and, well....you get the idea. And then there's Kori Propst who offers advice and keeps everyone sane. It's nice to have the woman in the group to ask those girl related questions :)

I am LOVING working with them. I am already weighing three pounds less than I did at my competition last year which means by my pro debut in October, I will be one LEAN, MEAN machine!!!! :) Not to mention, I will be ready for those wedding pics ;)

My food options are VERY flexible. For instance, tomorrow, I will be eating carrot cake. Yes, that's right. Dr. Joe has his own carrot cake recipe that is contest-prep friendly. I can't wait to eat it! I know I already shared my favorite yogurt, but I now have a few other favs. Maranatha Dark Chocolate Peanut OR Dark Chocolate Almond Spread. YUM! And don't forget about the PB2--powdered peanut butter that can be mixed with yogurt, oatmeal, protein, anything, really, but with only 1g of fat per serving. LOVE that stuff.

Anyway, that's the latest and greatest. The next thing I have to do is finish my personal training cert ( I am SOOOOOO close!) and then decide what I want to do with that. Online training? At the gym? both? I am open to any ideas/suggestions? Seems like these days, more and more people are open to the idea of online coaching/training because of the busy schedules, but I'm curious what others thing.

2 comments:

  1. The whole online coaching thing...not for me. I do SO much better with someone in the gym. You know so many people that I bet you could kinda "free lance" and not work for the gym, but train at the gym. You might would have to make it like you were just working out with them, but I bet you could figure it out where you wouldn't have to give the gym 35-50% of what clients pay. You would then be able to charge less for clients. But I presume the online thing works for some people, so maybe do both??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input, Sandi! I will probably end up doing a little bit of both, like you said.

    ReplyDelete