Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Training

I am loving my personal training certification studying!!! I am over half way through the course material and should be ready to take the test at the end of the month. JUST in time for the seminar that will be in Atlanta in September!!!
Alot of people criticize ISSA because you are able to study from home at your own pace, but as I have heard from several trainers I have talked to.....pick an organization that is accredited (which I did). After that, your clients (the general population) won't be concerned with who you chose to get your cert. through--they will only care that you take a genuine interest in their health progress and success in changing their lifestyles permanently. I love people and I love helping them, so I am really looking forward to getting started on this new part of my journey.

1 comment:

  1. So it turns out that a great deal of my posture notes came from this study: http://barncathollow.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/nasm_overhead_squat_test.pdf
    and
    http://barncathollow.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/nasm_clinical_movement_analysis.pdf
    Plus, I've dredged up a few more notes on upper cross syndrome, and they're coming your way. I hope these help! I never trained a client without doing this test first.

    ReplyDelete