Because I still keep thinking I'm going to wake up and realize this was all just a dream. I know that seems so cliche and you're thinking, "oh please, shut up" but really....I never would have imagined that I would earn a WNBF pro card at my first figure competition. I DO have to admit that I gave 110% throughout the entire training process. I listened to EVERY little thing Josh told me to do and followed it "to the T."
I never cheated on the diet. Not once. I gave my absolute best during every workout (even though that wasn't necessarily the same every time cause some days are harder than others).
I wrote everything down that Alli, a pro herself, told me to do and I had it ALL running through my mind during the show yesterday: Look at the judges, smile, be relaxed, have fun...I even remembered things that Victoria told me. "Strut your stuff, you are the shiz, move those hips, etc." haha It turns out that Alli WAS one of the judges, but I know that had no bearing on my win because there were several other judges who didn't know me from Adam and from what someone important told me, the top score is thrown out. The audience last night was GREAT. Especially towards the end. Suddenly it was very obvious I was a crowd "favorite" and I had people yelling at me "nice legs #2", "show us what you're made of #2", etc. It was just....a really fun experience that I am looking forward to doing again.
I am SO grateful for everyone's support along the way. I already thanked my trainer, Josh, but I have to again. I just could not have done what I did in 15 weeks without his guidance, awesome workouts, advice, support. I was even motivated by his OWN personal work ethic.
Alli, for her awesome prep. I knew exactly what to expect on the stage and that was comforting. She also helped a lot with tan, hair, and make up suggestions. So. Thanks Alli! Check out her website. www.allikerr.com
I am also SO thankful for my family's support. They put up with my moodiness, weird eating habits, talk about new and exciting recipes and supplements, etc. I am especially glad that my sister was there with me the whole time this weekend. It meant so much to have her there to rub tan on me, apply make up, PAM spray (haha!), bikini bite, well, you get the idea. She knows me VERY well now!!!! ;-)
I also have to thank my two dear friends Laurie and Kristie for coming to the show. That meant a lot, as well.
Beth Pece, my hair and make up girl. She couldn't be there, but I had the next best thing--her resources! Thanks for sharing, Beth!!!!
And anyone who is reading this right now. I have to thank you for the support and encouragement over the last 15 weeks. It kept me going more than you know!!I will now be competing against the pros so I have to decide when and where I will make my "pro debut!!!" Stay tuned. This journey is not over. Really, it has just begun!
WAY TO GO! I'm so proud and excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear ALL about it and everything else too ;)
YAY! I'm so very proud of you and super excited! I can't wait to hear all about it and the "other" things too ;)
ReplyDelete