Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can-do Candace!!!

I would like to thank Chick Fil A for putting something of value in their kids meal. I stumbled across a book about a girl named "Can-do Candace" who, despite being "handicap," decided that she was going to run a race! And she did!!!! It wasn't about winning for her. Just doing her best and finishing was all that mattered to her, and because of that, she and everyone around her realized that she is in fact a WINNER.

Anyway....I needed to read that today. For one thing, I am going to use it in my classroom whenever I have a kiddo tell me music is hard, or they can't play that instrument. (WE'll have to come up with a masculine form of it so the boys don't look at me like I'm crazy...Can-do Carl!? hehe)

But for another thing....I have managed to cut out one of my HUGE vices as far as my drinking habits go during this contest prep...everyone has that ONE thing they "can't give up." Mine was just two. Diet drinks and coffee. Earlier in the summer I gave up the diet drinks. I went through withdrawals for about 3 days, but I felt so much....'lighter' after that. The coffee is not bad for me...it's the stuff I put IN the coffee that is. The fake stuff.

Why? Well, besides the fact that it's basically poisoning our bodies (I mean, why else do people experience headaches when they stop drinking diet drinks all of a sudden?), it is sweet and it tricks our body in to thinking that it's sweet, just minus the calories. Why does that matter, you might ask? When that happens, it can trigger an insulin release inside our body, which actually slows down fat loss. So besides the fact that the diet drinks make us feel bloated, they are also highly confusing our bodies and messing with our fat metabolism. So. I am on a quest for the last 8 weeks of my contest prep. A quest to be Can-do Chris(tina) and officially give up ALL artificial sweetener. Not gonna lie. Coffee tastes BAD without it. But I think I will get used to it! Or maybe I will end up switching to tea. OR, I will add more milk and just count that in with my daily calorie intake. I'm interested to see how this will change things!!!

Here's a couple articles about it, too...
http://aspartame.mercola.com/
http://articles.mercola.co​m/sites/articles/archive/2​000/12/03/sucralose-danger​s.aspx

It's worth thinking about, for sure. Be a Can-Do Candace today and get rid of poisonous habits or thoughts in your life!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree girl, it is hard to give up those drinks...I love my Coke Zero, but I am trying to limit mine to 1 a day...they are so YUMMY :) Love you, like this post!

    ReplyDelete